Nairobi - A police official says three more people were killed by unknown gunmen on the Kenyan coast where 94 people have so far perished in less than a month in attacks claimed by al-Qaeda-linked militants.
Robert Kitur, police chief in Mombasa, said on on Monday that three gunmen opened fire indiscriminately in the Soweto slum of the city Sunday night.
The attack came a day after gunmen attacked a bus and killed seven people near the town of Witu, Lamu County.
Al-Qaeda linked al-Shabaab militants from Somalia claimed responsibility for that attack. Al-Shabaab has vowed to carry out attacks in Kenya to avenge the deployment of Kenyan troops to Somalia to fight the militants