Tripoli - Saif al-Islam, the son of slain Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, and other former top regime officials will stand trial in August for crimes committed during the 2011 uprising, an aide to the prosecutor said on Monday.
Former spy chief Abdullah al-Senussi will be among those whose trial will begin in the first half of August, said Al-Seddik al-Sur, a member of the prosecutor's office.
They are accused of "crimes committed against the Libyan people during the revolution" of 2011 that toppled Gaddafi's regime, he said.
Baghdadi al-Mahmudi, the last prime minister to serve under Gaddafi, and Mansur Daw who headed the People's Guard will also be among those to stand trial, he added.
Asked if they will all be in the dock at the same time, Sur said: "This case will not be divided."
"These [former] officials met together to drum up a policy of repression and a common criminal plan, putting them on trial separately would perturbate the proceedings," he said.
Seif al-Islam, 40, is being held by a brigade of former rebel fighters in Zintan, 180km southwest of Tripoli, since his capture in November 2011.
The International Criminal Court based in The Hague, mandated by the UN Security Council to investigate the Libyan conflict, has clashed with Libya's new authorities for the right to prosecute Seif al-Islam.
It has issued arrest warrants for Gaddafi's son and his spy chief, accusing them of crimes against humanity.
Earlier this month Libya said it will appeal to the ICC to reverse its decision to prosecute Saif al-Islam.
Last week the ICC suspended an order requiring Tripoli to hand over Senussi