Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


World Bank disburses N330.7m for projects in Katsina

14 March 2013, 16:02

Katsina - The World Bank has disbursed N330.7 million to 71 communities in Katsina State for the development of infrastructure under the Community and Social Development Projects (CSDP).

Salisu Yar’Adua, the CSDP's General Manager, stated this in Mashi Local Government Area on Thursday while issuing cheques to four communities for the execution of development projects in the area.

He said that the funds were disbursed to the beneficiaries from 2010 till date.

According to him, the bank contributes 90 per cent of the total cost of each project while the community contributes the remaining 10 per cent.

He said most of the projects were on water supply, drainage, electrification, education, agriculture, health and roads.

Yar'Adua said the projects had contributed immensely to improving the living conditions of people by reducing their hardships in various aspects of life.

In his remarks, Salisu Majigiri, the Chief of Staff, Katsina Government House, said that the state government would continue to partner with similar bodies to provide relevant infrastructure to communities.

Majigiri urged the people of the state to continue to support the administration in its efforts to improving their living conditions.

Responding on behalf of the beneficiaries, Malam Abbas Sadi, expressed delight for the support and assured that the money would be used judiciously.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that N4.4 million was disbursed to Sabon-Sara, Danmalka, Dangoshi and Gyarta communities of the local government.



Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Nigeria @ 56: Words to my green f...

A leader’s job is not to dictate, but rather to be respected, admired and be a trustee, of the land we love, with so much potential, a land which should be freer than free. Its still a long way to fufilling our destiny! Read more...

Submitted by
Isaac Asabor263
Recession: An opportunity for Nig...

The recession should be seen as an opportunity for the country’s promotion as long as we all collectively conduct ourselves in a patriotic manner, writes Isaac Asabor.  Read more...

Submitted by
Black and White

We want to imitate the whites in everything because we are ignorant of our inherent originality and content. We spend all our Naira to acquire his inventions because we so oblivious of our natural endowments that we allow him have it for free. Read more...

Submitted by
Nate Nat
Adamawa State University Mubi: A ...

ADSU integrity forum has accused the Sunday Joshua Wugira, a lawyer, of adopting unorthodox tactics by abusing his privilege by attacking the integrity of ADSU Vice Chancellor Dr. Moses Zira Zaruwa, writes a News24 reader. Read more...

Submitted by
Abdulsalam Jubril
My Country Nigeria (Part One)

Poetry by Abdulsalam Jubril.

Submitted by
Abdulsalam Jubril
Recession, dearth in leadership a...

Every leader has the opportunity to become great and making himself immortal in the lives and hearts of people for generations to come. Will Mr. President seize this opportunity?, questions Abdulsalam Jubril. Read more...