Lagos - Fans had suspected that all was not well in Squareville since 2013 when Jude mysteriously missed his flight from Ghana thereby being absent at his brother Peter’s wedding.
They only succeeded in demystifying the magic they use to command the airwaves with their constant in-house fighting, with Paul and manager Jude Okoye on one side and Peter Okoye on the opposing side.
Fans now know better, that they are not that special. Here are five reasons why Nigerians are indifferent to their recent reunion.
1. Nigerian are tired of the incredible lengths, Paul, Peter and Jude Okoye have gone to prove that one brother is the evil while the other was the hapless victim.
2. Nigerians have accepted that, P-Square have reached a final destination, with Peter Okoye becoming Mr. P and floating his own record label, and Paul Okoye with his Rude Boy Records.
3. Nigerians were not impressed with Peter’s feeble attempt to break the Nigerian internet by posting a fifteen second video where he ‘apologized to the fans’ for the breakup and announced a reunion.
4. Nigerians agree that the chemistry between the brothers will have faded after getting married, having children and the early breakup has worsened things.
5. Nigerian have accepted that the triad is over with Jude Okoye’s role as manager weakened by Peter’s dislike for his managerial skills. Will he now manage one half of P-Square while the other shows no respect for him, either professionally or as an elder sibling?
They say 20 children cannot play for 20 years. This has never been truer in this case. While it serves a romantic role to have the brothers kiss and make up; in reality the reunion might just be too early.