Los Angeles - Angelina Jolie thanked Brad Pitt as she was honoured at an early Oscars ceremony.
The Salt actress - who underwent a double mastectomy in February - was presented with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award at the Governors Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday and she praised her fiance for his "support" and "guidance".
She said: "My love. Your support and your guidance make everything I do possible."
She also promised not to cry and embarrass her son Maddox, 12, who was at the ceremony with his father to supported Angelina.
She added: "I'm not going to cry, I promise. I'm not going to embarrass you.
"You and your brothers and sisters are my happiness and there is no greater honour in this world than being your mom."
And the 38-year-old star - who also has children, Pax, nine, Zahara, eight, Shiloh, seven, and five-year-old twins, Knox and Vivienne with Brad - explained she hopes to make her own mother proud.
Getting teary-wide, she said: "I will do as my mother asked and I will do the best I can with this life to be of use.
"And to stand here today means I did as she asked and if she were alive she'd be very proud, so thank you."
Here's five epic pics from the Governors Awards:
1) When Angie, Brad and Maddox were on the red carpet:
2) When Angie made here amazing speech:
3) When actor Robert Osborne presented honoree Angela Lansbury with an honorary award and whispered something in her ear.
4) When Angela had tears in her eyes and so did we...
5) When Tom Hanks used his phone to take a selfie of himself with honoree
Steve Martin after presenting Martin with an honorary Academy Award.