Los Angeles - Michael Jackson's children found him collapsed from an overdose eight years before his death.
The late singer's eldest children, Prince and Paris, were just four and three when they saw their father laid out cold in the hallway of their hotel suite at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, in 2001.
However, bodyguard Michael La Perruque saved the 'King of Pop' by performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation until medical assistance arrived and stabilised him.
La Perruque's revelations surfaced at Los Angeles Superior Court where the singer's mother Katherine Jackson and her family are suing AEG live for £100 million, as they believe the concert promoters wrongly hired Dr Conrad Murray, who was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter for his role in Michael's death.
Empty bottles of alcohol lying around
However, AEG claim it was Michael who demanded the drugs from Dr Murray and that it was his own fault he died from an overdose of hospital grade anaesthetic Propofol in 2009.
The security guard insists he never found medication in Michael's room, but there was always empty bottles of alcohol lying around, and he feared the star would eventually overdose.
He told jurors: "It was my concern that, yes, he may overdose."
La Perraque said the star would ring him up "at least 30 times" some nights.
He told the court: "His speech would be very slurred. There would be a lot of mumbling and I wouldn't be able to comprehend what he was saying. I think he was just lonely and wanted to have somebody to talk to."