Despite the fact that most of us wear them almost every day, we are still far from being in a harmonious relationship with our bras. 80% of women wear the wrong bra, which in turn affects our health. An ill-fitting bra is not just uncomfortable, but can actually damage your breast tissue, shape and can even block blood flow.
According to Petite Cherry, you need to figure out your exact bra size, and then choose the type of bra accordingly:
• Petite breasts: pushups, bralettes and demis
• Medium breasts: balconette bras and demis
• Large breasts: plunge bras and full cups
And now for the hacks!
1. If you want to avoid a plunging neckline, find a clip-on camisole to cover your chest.
2. Hand wash your bra to make it last longer. They are called delicates for a reason. Try not to hang your bras outside for too long, rather lay them flat to protect the shape. And NEVER put them in the dryer.
3. Hand stitch an old bra into a backless dress - use pins when sewing to get the stitching right.
4. Build your own strapless bra by using a convertible bra to stop it from slipping down.
5. Shower with your sports bra. According to Emgn, this preserves your bra better than washing it in a machine.
6. Repair broken underwire by using a maxi pad or pantyliner as a temporary fix.
Source: Fix your bra with a panty liner by littlethings on Rumble
Fix your bra with a panty liner
7. Turn your bra into a fashion statement piece by designing your own style. Like sewing applique onto your old bra to give it life.
8. Use a paper clip to pin your bra together to make a temporary racerback bra – this is great with halterneck tops or dresses.
9. When buying a strapless bra, always go one size smaller than your normal bra size to keep it secure.
10. Hang your bras on a hanger to save their form and shape instead of stuffing them in a drawer.
Check out this video: