Abuja - Yesterday, a photo was released of new mom Olivia Wilde breastfeeding her child during a Glamour magazine cover shoot. The picture quickly went viral – with some deeming her public display of naked breast inappropriate, while others saw it as a beautiful act of motherhood.
Let’s face it, people are and will always be awkward when it comes to exposed breasts – no matter the context. Whether it’s a glam celebrity mom getting them out to feed her son on set or Plain Jane doing so on the bus.
We seriously need to relax about breasts.
Not only do we need to chill out, but ‘the girls’ need some time out as well.
The search for the perfect bra is perhaps one of the most epic struggles of any female’s life. I know, #firstworldproblems come to mind, but bras can really sometimes be our worst enemy. Agreed
Here are 10 great completely legitimate reasons to go bra-less (once a week):
1. All your bras need to be hand washed...and you haven’t gotten round to it just yet.
2. Feminism! Don’t let patriarchy win!
3. This is your body and you get to call the shots.
4. You’re having a great nipple day.
5. Because, let’s face it, Rihanna’s probably not wearing one today.
6. You’re wearing a really bulky knit today.
7. Your straps are digging into your shoulders more than usual
8. You are having a sexy ‘I want to be French for a day’ day
9. You’re breastfeeding and easy access is essential
10. Working from home is your ‘get out of boob-jail free card’
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.