Cape Town – If you’ve ever had a claim to shame at customs because you innocently forgot about that tweezer in your backpack, then worry no more. This Instagram account will make you feel better.
Every now and then you get the odd ball who seems to think they can smuggle just about anything onto a plane. The Transportaion Security Administration's (TSA) Instagram account has taken naming and shaming these odd balls to a new level.
Along with catchy captions, the pictures of anything and everything people try to get across the boarders have reached over 100 000 followers.
We put together 10 of the best things that people have tried to smuggle.
Warning: Please do not try this on your next flight!
1) "#TSACatch: A knife was discovered under the insole of a shoe at the #Detroit Metropolitan Airport. All knives are prohibited from being packed in carry-on baggage. And shoes..."
2) "TSAcatch: The key to getting through the checkpoint faster is not to have items like this in your carry-on bags. This key knife was discovered at the Burlington (#BTV) International Airport."
3) "#TSAcatch: This smartphone case was discovered at the Boston (#BOS) International Airport."
4) "#TSACatch: This bejeweled lipstick taser was discovered this week in a carry-on bag at the Detroit (#DTW) International Airport."
5) "#TSAcatch: This knife disguised to look like an ordinary pen was discovered last week in a carry-on bag at the Los Angeles (#LAX) International Airport. "
6) "#TSAcatch: This throwing star was discovered in a carry-on bag this week at the Buffalo Niagara (#BUF) International Airport."
7) "#TSACatch: This comb-knife was discovered in a passenger’s carry-on bag at the Detroit (#DTW) Airport in Michigan."
8)"TSACatch This shotgun was discovered in a checked golf bag at Detroit’s DTW airport. "
9) "#TSACatch: During a routine #TSA bag search at #Philadelphia International Airport, these narcotics were discovered in a hollowed out book."
10) "#TSACatch: These utility knife blades were discovered concealed between a #ScoobyDoo greeting card."
The TSA be like:
Absent-minded stupid people be like: