Abuja - While looking for the perfect dress, choosing a hairstyle to suit your face and finding a makeup artist that you trust, you might make the mistake of leaving your wedding shoes until last.
But, considering that you'll be on your feet for the most part of your big day, this isn't a good idea.
That's why we suggest finding the perfect pair of shoes way in advance.
Here are 9 wedding shoe tips that every bride to be needs:
1. Buy your wedding shoes in the afternoon. Feet tend to swell as the day wears on.
2. Your wedding shoes should complement your wedding dress.
3. Start looking early! You need your shoes for your dress fittings. Your hem can’t be done without the correct shoes. Otherwise the length of your gown will be different.
4. Comfort, comfort, comfort. Just think, you'll be walking down the aisle, posing for photographs, greeting attendants, cutting the cake, taking your garter off and possibly dancing in your bridal shoes. This could add up to hours and hours on your feet, so be sure, above all else, that you choose shoes that are comfortable on your feet.
5. Team simple wedding shoes with an elaborate wedding dress… or vice versa. This is a good rule of thumb if you’re not sure where to start.
6. Consider the colour of your gown when deciding on your shoes – White or Ivory. Or a bit daring.
7. Remember the height of your fiancé, you won't want to tower over him if you buy a too high a heel.
8. Wear your shoes around the house a few times before the wedding (try dancing in them) you will want them to be comfortable on the wedding day.
9. You may at times only see the front of your wedding shoe, but you will lift the hem to walk. People will see your shoes, so detail is interesting and eye catching.
Anella is a thriving business founded and run by Hanel Appleby. Our aim is to grow into the leading independent bridal shoe retailer in Southern Africa. You are an individual with a specific style or look you wish to achieve; in achieving this aim, we advise on sizing, fit, colour and style based on your theme and personality to help you find the perfect shoe to make you feel and look fabulously special.
We understand what it is to be looking for the perfect shoe to complete a dream day, we understand you want to be comfortable yet sophisticated and glamorous; we know that this day is the most precious of all.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!