Abuja - Are we ever happy? You could put a handful of women in the room together and I guarantee you that most of them would want what others have no matter what they look like.
Many women longingly look at others and think, 'If only I looked like her, I’d be happy.' In reality, the woman you long to look like isn't happy either.
I could write pages about why I think women aren't satisfied with what they have, but instead I'm going to give you a few tips on how to ‘get happy’.
Having worked with so many women, I realize that being happy with yourself has little to do with what you look like and EVERYTHING to do with how you THINK about the way you look.
Here are a few of my top tips to shifting your thinking.
Before you come up with 10 reasons why this won’t work for you, give it a try. You've got nothing to loose.
1. Shift your focus. When you look in the mirror, what is the first thing you see? A big bum, facial wrinkles, wide thighs?
The next time you look in the mirror, I want you to look for three things you LIKE about your body. Don't worry, most women find this hard. If you can't find three, just start with one or two.
2. If you really struggle with this then ask a trusted friend or partner to tell you what they see. We see ourselves differently to the way others see us. We are often our own harshest critics. It’s time to shift that.
3. Start a new habit. For the next week, every time you look in the mirror, make sure to focus on the things you like. Comment out loud to yourself, ‘wow, I have a great ass’ or ‘my cleavage rocks’. Don’t be shy. Be kind to yourself, this may take some getting use to.
4. Dress the parts you like. Many women only dress to 'cover up' the parts they don’t like. I'm actual fact, that just makes them look bigger, but that's another article.
If its your legs you like, start wearing your skirts a little shorter, if you have a great cleavage, wear necklines like v-neck or scoop that will suit your bust line without flashing too much. It’s about celebrating what you do have.
5. Realise that no one is perfect. There is no such thing as perfect. So start to focus on and celebrate what you do have.
Enjoy what you have today so that you don’t look back on this time a few years from now, and wish you enjoyed what you had when you were younger, more toned, slimmer etc.
It’s time to start feeling fabulous girls, because life is too short not to.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!