Abuja - If your child has ever come home with chewing gum or bubblegum in her hair, you know it’s a sticky situation that could lead to tears and possibly a dreaded haircut.
But with these tips there is no need to go to extremes and you will be able to remove that tacky gum in just a few minutes! No tears, guaranteed. This life hack will you avoid a hair-hack.
• Get hold of creamy peanut butter or vegetable oil like olive oil.
• Cover the gum completely with either of the two by using an old toothbrush of your fingers. If you use peanut butter*, the oils in the product make the gum harder and it becomes less sticky.
• Be patient for a few minutes.
• Slowly remove the gum – it should come out in one piece. If your child has chewing gum in his or her eyebrows or eyelashes, vegetable oil is the most effective.
• Wash your child’s hair as you would normally do to remove the oily substance.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!