It is a really embarrassing story.
I have an extreme fear of the dark, so much so that I will never sleep with my door closed and the bathroom light must remain switched on throughout the night.
My husband and I were visiting my in-laws for the Christmas period.
I have only met his parents a few times before we were married and this was the first time I was staying at their home.
I was taking a shower when load shedding struck. In my absolute terror and panic, I ran out of the bathroom, grabbed my towel, barely wrapped it around me and screamed for my husband.
I didn’t know that my in-laws had an inverter installed, and within seconds, the lights were back on again.
My husband and his parents just stared at me in shock. I immediately ran into the bedroom, which thankfully was next to the bathroom.
I almost died of embarrassment.
My husband was really kind and comforting and his parents were really understanding.
It was a horrible situation but it’s something we can laugh at now.