Abuja - US digital music provider, Spotify, has identified the 10 most popular songs to work out to.
Spotify is a commercial music streaming service providing Digital Rights Management-protected content from record labels including Sony, EMI, Warner Music Group and Universal.
According to TheGreatist, pump-up tracks like Eminem’s “Till I Collapse” and the “Rocky” classic “Eye of the Tiger” were favoured most by men, while women's playlists included Rihanna's "We Found Love".
The most popular track of all is "Can’t Hold Us" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
Spotify also found that women were more likely to pick music they could listen to synchronously - i.e. songs they can exercise to in time to the beat.
THE MOST POPULAR WORKOUT SONGS IN THE U.S.
1. ”Can’t Hold Us” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Ray Dalton
2. ”Timber” by Pitbull and Ke$ha
3. ”Work B**ch” by Britney Spears
4. ”Wake Me Up” by Avicii
5. ”Leaving You” by Various Artists
6. ”Roar” by Katy Perry
7. ”The Monster” by Eminem and Rihanna
8. ”Till I Collapse” by Eminem
9. ”Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke
10.”John Doe” by B.o.B. and Priscilla