Abuja - Personally, I spend more money on beauty lotions and potions than I should, especially as I grow older each year.
As women, most of us are petrified of pending wrinkles as each birthday passes, and it seems that the older we get, the more pricey our products get.
SPF day creams, toners, anti-wrinkle creams and tiny tubs of eye cream that cost us silly amounts. Let’s not forget visits to spas for facials, peels and cellulite treatments.
After some research and a tighter budget, I discovered some natural beauty secrets that give the same results, minus the fancy packaging.
These include items and ingredients that you can find in your kitchen cupboard or a quick trip to the grocery store.
There are numerous facial, hair and body treatments that can be found in natural products from mother nature herself.
Honey is a great facial cleanser. It removes dead skin cells and makes your supple and soft. Simply apply to clean skin, leave on for 15 minutes, and rinse off with warm water.
The oils in avocado sooth and moisturise dry or sensitive skin. Simply mash up avocado, apply to skin, and leave on for 10 minutes. Remove with warm water and a face cloth.
Oatmeal and onion puree face mask
This treatment is great for acne prone skin. Oatmeal clears clogged pores while onions have anti inflammatory properties and can help heal scars caused by acne. Simply mix the ingredients together. For a thicker consistency, add a bit of honey.
Coffee Body Scrub
Mixing coarsely ground coffee and raw sugar or sea salts helps to remove dead, flaky skin cells and is a fantastic exfoliater. When combined with natural massage oils and moisturise at the same time.
- Simply take 2 cups of ground coffee.
- Half cup of raw sugar or sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of natural massage oil (jojoba, coconut or sunflower oil)
- Mix all together and massage into your skin with circular motions with strong pressure.
- Pat dry and moisturize.
Homemade Whipped Coconut Body Butter
How delicious does this sound! Here is how you make this decadent body treat:
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin e oil
- A few drops of your favourite essential oils
- Add ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix on high speed with a whisk for about 6 minutes until light and airy.
- Spoon into a glass jar and cover tightly. Store in fridge.
It’s all in the eyes!
Puffy eyes? Wrinkles? Dark rings? Here are some natural alternatives that won’t break the bank!
Coconut Oil and Vitamin E oil
These 2 oils are simply amazing when it comes to beautifying and keeping your eyes fresh and beautiful. Here is a simple recipe for an eye treatment made especially for your eyes.
- Find a container to put your natural eye cream recipe into.
- Fill it with coconut oil. Put it into the microwave for a few minutes so it begins to melt. Add some drops of vitamin e oil to the melted coconut oil.
- Use a toothpick to mix together.
- Refrigerate the cream until it becomes solid again.
- Use as you would any eye cream.
There you go ladies! Natural beauty products that won’t cost a fraction of expensive products. Give them a try and see the effects.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!