Are you a sapiosexual? Aren’t familiar with the term? A sapiosexual is someone who is attracted to a person’s intellect way more than their body.
They get turned on by wit, intelligence, and a quick mind, and they’d rather listen to you flex your verbal dexterity than watch you flex your biceps at the gym.
Dating a smart guy is the hottest thing ever. There's nothing sexier than a man who can work his way around any conversation.
So, do you think you might have some sapiosexual tendencies?
These are signs that you prefer smart guys:
1. You find witty banter to be the best foreplay EVER.
2. Your idea of a great date is roaming the aisles of a local bookstore and casually making (non-pretentious) recommendations to each other. A man that reads — novels, newspapers, non-fiction, whatever his poison — is a man that will never run out of things to say.
3. You know that "smart" encompasses not just book-smarts. You're also turned on by emotional intelligence — the ability to read our feelings appropriately and respond in kind.
4. You're not impressed by his credentials; you're impressed that he never mentions them because he's so humble. You have to brag on his behalf.
5. You have full confidence in his ability to have both a conversation with your 65-year-old father AND your 25-year-old brother on everything from sports to the situation in Israel.
6. You text him and receive full, grammatically correct sentences back. Bonus: His use of perfectly-timed, clever emojis.
7. You don't go to the movies until six months into the relationship ...Not because you don't like the movies, but because you simply never stopped running out of things to talk about.
8. He's not overwhelmed by a complex female mind. He says "Interesting, tell me more" instead of "You think too much."