Are you leaving your Christmas gift shopping ‘til the last minute this year, once again? Well, now you don’t have to feel guilty as we’ve rounded up some of the most perfect last-minute gifts to get this season.
1. A makeup kit would be perfect, especially in sun-kissed bronze tones for that perfect summer glow.
2. There’s nothing more personal than a gift you created yourself. Here’s how to create these easy to do, inexpensive and exquisite necklaces for that special lady: follow these easy steps.
3. Stocking fillers: From the avid traveller to the natural green-finger there are many great things to fit into your Christmas stocking. If you’re really in the mood for giving you’ll find these stores to be the diamond on the rough. Find something for the spirit or find something for the soul.
4. Consult your own wishlist. Who knows? One of your beloveds might just appreciate your taste.
5. Sports tickets. The annual cricket test matches are coming up and buying a ticket for him/her or a bunch of your friends is a great way to spend a sunny day relaxing after the silly season. You can also get sports collectibles, memorabilia and jerseys. What else would he/you/they wear to the game?
6. Someone will need a little more room for all their celebratory wine this season. Create this fabulous wine rack. Here’s how.
7. Books can make a great gift for the avid reader in your family or circle of friends. Try second hand stores or stalls first, you could get a bargain.
8. Watercolour portraits. This is perfect for the artist. Check out this great tutorial on how to create that perfect portrait for grandma or grandpa or your parents.
9. Vouchers for everyone: We’ll excuse you for the lack of imagination on this one. But if you really wish to make a voucher a little more special, why not buy a wallet and fill it with a bunch of gifts cards and vouchers from your loved one's favourite stores. Though this may become a little pricey, you don’t have to feel bad about lack of effort.
10. And the award for last-minute gifting goes to: Re-gifting! This is the mother of all last-minute gift shopping. In fact, you barely even have to leave your house. But there are only two scenarios where re-gifting is okay: 1) if someone is in need of something and you happen to have, 2) if you’ve simply received the same gift twice and you decide to give the extra one to someone else, adding, “I’ve received two of these and I’d like you to have the other one.” That certainly adds a more thoughtful and personal touch, doesn’t it?