The Special Assistant on Media and Chief Press Secretary to Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State, Christian Ita, has debunked reports trending in the social media that Calabar, the capital had allegedly come under military bombardment.
Ita described the report as unfounded and untrue, adding that it was fabricated by twisted minds for devious purposes. Ita, in a statement issued Tuesday said the claim of bombardment of Calabar or any part of the state is baseless, as there was no such thing in the state.
Also read: Nigerian presidents and military rulers since
His words: “There is no military raid going on in Calabar. And there has been no bomb attack in the state capital. The only military expedition that took place sometime last week was an operation undertaken by the Nigerian Airforce to flush out criminals along the Cross River/ Akwa Ibom waterways, which is far removed from towns and civilian population.”
Ita who disclosed that the said military exercise only lasted for a day, further warned: “As long as we cannot dissuade or prevent anybody from pursuing any course they deem fit, they should leave Cross River State out of their clandestine campaign and look elsewhere.
All pictures purportedly showing places that were bombed were all simulated and products of Photoshop.”
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.