Reasons why the tenure of IGP MD Abubakar must terminate on 31/7/2014 example... CP Chris Olakpe was promoted to AIG two weeks after retirement.
Example... ACP Frank Mba has enjoyed two promotions between 2012 and 2014.
Examples... AIG Bala Nasarawa came in to replace AIG Chris Dega 15. Implications: The implication of above are not far fetched as they 1. Insurgency : The level of insurgency perpetrated by BOKO HARAM has risen without abate since he took over the mantle of leadership, Hundreds of Policemen haave died which could have been avoided if logistics and other necessaries are provided.
Would you like to have your article or opinion published on News24? Email your thoughts to email@example.com.
2. Failure of intelligence: Despite the amounts sank into the intelligence unit nothing positive has so far come out of it instead, Policemen are killed on daily basis.
3. Promotion of retired officers: officers who are retired are promoted over and above serving officers who have been on the rank for upward and years. This is against the Civil Service rules.
4. Promotion based on primordial reasons: Very junior officers are promoted over and above their seniors who have been on a rank for upward and years.
officers and men who have died in the line of duty have never being promoted post humorously.
... ACP Dan Okoro who is a converted civilian staff was promoted for being a chief security officer to the IGP over and above his seniors.
... DCP Muritala Mani and DCP Fatai Owosemi where promoted over and above their tenors who were on course in 2010 to enable them attain seniority in the staff list. the two also enjoyed choice postings.
5. Promotion of favored: Officers in acting capacity to enable them attain and occupy juicy postings viz.
6. Promotion of officers: Without proceeding on promotion courses as enshrined in the Police reform recommendations.
8. brazen and open corruption practices: The successes achieved in the ekiti elections was done by foot soldiers and not by the wisdom of a single individual (IGP) as wrongly claimed.
monies released for the exercise meant for allowances to the tune of #300milion were diverted.
officers who supervice the zone and ekiti state were edged out of the scheme of things to cover up.
9. Impunity: the day to day running of the force is a one man show affair and the management team are only figure heads as they cannot take any decisions.
common transfers and posting of officers and the rank and file cannot be effected by any of the management team.
10. Conspicuous Consumption: The IGP owns palatial property and farms all over the country in Kano, Lagos Abuja and Ilorin. We have details He is planning to float an airline to be managed by his pilot trained son "jam_boy".
11. The Police service Commission is a bought over: the police service commission is a rubber stamp since they do whatever bidding of the IGP, because they have been settled.
12. Name Dropping: the men is openly using names to achieve his selfish ends, he was the names of the first lady Patience Jonathan, the PDP National chairman alh. Adamu Mazu and the business mogul Aliko Dangote to intimidate and cow potential office's who may be tipped for the coveted position.
13. Police force in Politics: the roles played by the force in the political debacles in Rivers, Edo and the sunusi saga are still fresh in the minds of Nigerians. the Police played to the gallery by being partisan there by evading the little confidence remaining. 2015 will be disastrous if the man is allowed to continue.
14. Utilization of officers to achieve political gains: CP Mbu Mbu and his likes are deliberately posted to achieve purposes other than policing.
we implore on the President, the senate President, Speaker of the House of Representative, all Governors and all men of goodwill to resist the lobby for extension by the IGP MD Abubakar whose educational qualifications are suspicious.
There are competent, professional and God fearing officers of leadership and remove the Nigerian Police force out of the doldrums.
... CP Ikechukwu Aduba, was brought in from Delta State.
whenever the IGP is out of town, Police bussiness stop until his returned.
a, Breeds corruption.
b, Breeds discontent
c, Bbreeds indiscipline
d, Engenders low-morale
e, Breeds complacency and lack of interest of offices and man in the force.
example... Acting DCP Bala chiroma DC ops Abuja.
... Acting DCP Bello Ahmed seconnd in command Bayelsa.
... Acting compol Hosea Karma compol Mopol.
... CP Mohammed Katsina then compol Kogi.
... CSp Lawal Isa Mani commander Mopol 48 Ahoada.
example... DCP Ibrahim Lamorde EFCC.
... DCP Muritala Mani.
... CP Titus Aderanti.
7. Fraudulent Extension of officers: to promote corruption practices.
example... DIG Philemon Leha.
... CP Dejo Oyeiowo of the works Department.
THE IGP IS A BOSS AND NOT A LEADER.
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Long live the Nigeria Police Force.
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.