I am in strong agreement with Former President Obasanjo's stand point on the introduction of the N5000 note.
1. it is my knowledge that billions even trillions of naira will be sunk into the minting of this N5000 note which I consider irrelevant
2a. It is my knowledge that the introduction of coins of N50 and less denominations will immediately fade out of use as this has never worked in the past. so doing things that hasnt worked over and over again is simply the definition of "madness".
2b. that several billions of our money have been WASTED & FLUSHED DOWN THE DRAIN in the so called printing of coins, it is a virtual circle, and here we are again at the starting point.
3. That the introduction of the N5000 note neither boosts the economy as it is just a piece of money in a higher denomination.
4. that Sanusi Lamido is simply acting in good faith and not on proven strategy for economy revamp.
5. that Obasanjo being a former president has a better perspective on the subject matter and how it will affect Nigeria and Nigerians generally in the short or long run, while Sanusi's platform of projection is confined within the walls of what obtains in the banking sector.
6. that the Government backing up this policy is neither sincerely concerned about the welfare and sustainability of an upwinding economy as their vision of a better Nigeria is just too myopic as limited within the expectation of their tenure in government while it lasts.
Why are we being rigmaroled while the will and decision of the government is being imposed on us; statements such as credited to the government, i quote ... "there is no going back on the N5000 note"......See More
Disclaimer: All articles and letters published on MyNews24 have been independently written by members of News24's community. The views of users published on News24 are therefore their own and do not necessarily represent the views of News24. News24 editors also reserve the right to edit or delete any and all comments received.