Lagos - Popular Yoruba movie actress, Henrietta Kosoko died on Monday at the age of 53.
She slumped at home and was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
While most people know about the actress’s marriage to legendary actor, Jide Kosoko, here are 10 things you might not have known about the robust actress popularly known as ‘Omolade‘.
1. Henrietta is a native of Delta state.
2. Her family has strong ties with Mushin Local Government Area of Lagos state. By that fact, Henrietta was a daughter-of-the-soil.
3. She trained as a caterer before going into acting.
Also read: Jide Kosoko’s wife, Henrietta dies at 53
4. Henrietta first met and fell in love with Jide Kosoko when, the veteran actor and his group came to show a film around her area in Mushin.
5. Jide Kosoko re-married Kareemat Kosoko and the late Henrietta Kosoko after losing his first two wives to untimely death.
6. Henrietta had a set of twins, Taiye and Kehinde from a previous marriage.
7. Though, Henrietta was acting before she met her husband, it was Jide Kosoko who influenced her to go into acting full time.
8. Until her death, she managed her son’s (L.T) music career.
9. In 2015, she was involved in a ghastly motor accident along Sagamu-Abeokuta road that almost took her life.
10. Henrietta Kosoko celebrated her 53rd birthday a week before her death on Monday.
- News 24