Abuja - The Academic Staff Union of Universities has stated some conditions to be met by the federal government before it calls off its strike, Daily Post reports.
The union executives met in Kwara State on Friday to deliberate on the strike and came out with some resolutions including the payment of four months salaries owed its members, immediate implementation of the N1.2tn offer by the Federal Government to public universities, starting with the release of N100bn this year.
It was gathered that about 60 per cent of the members of the National Executive Committee (NEC) supported the discontinuation of the strike while the remaining 40 per cent voted in favour of the continuation.
The lecturers have been on strike since July 1 over the non implementation of the 2009 agreement.
Read more at Daily Post