Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.

 

Archbishop of Canterbury visits Emir of Kano

11 February 2013, 13:03

 London – The Archbishop of Canterbury, Archbishop Justin Welby on Sunday in London condemned the attack on the Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, describing it as “disgraceful” and “atrocious”.

Welby said this when he paid a sympathy visit to the royal father, who was flown to London following the attack in Kano by unknown gunmen.

The gunmen attacked the emir’s convoy along Zoo road, near Sahad Stores, last month, killing his driver, his orderly and a traditional guard who tried to protect him.

The emir’s two sons who were also in his convoy, were injured.

“I am here to bring my condolences on the disgraceful and atrocious attack on His Royal Highness.

And on the loss of some of his staff, which is something that is a great shame and I rejoice that His Royal Highness himself was unharmed in the attack.

” I pray for you and all those in Nigeria who carry out the work of peace, reconciliation and seek to bring Nigeria to the place where it is supposed to be in strength and prosperity against the terrorists,” Welby said.

Responding, Bayero expressed has appreciation for the visit and congratulated Welby on his appointment.

The emir, who spoke in Hausa through the Chiroman Kano, Asanusi Bayero, commended the role of the Anglican Communion in promoting peace and unity in Nigeria.

The Archbishop was received by the Nigerian High Commissioner to the United Kingom, Dalhatu Tafida, and the Turakin Kano, Nasir Bayero.

NAN

NEXT ON NEWS24 NIGERIAX

Women protest naked in Kaduna

23 September 2014, 10:03

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
0 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
To the people of Borno

The intentional fight-and-stop war that allows Boko Haram time to conscript more of our children for the military to help them slaughter in stage-wise annihilation Read more...

Submitted by
Samuel Ufot Ekekere
Waiting for better

In every man is the innate attribute for desiring better things from life. If you live in a one-bedroom apartment you desire a two bedroom, if you walk on foot you desire a car etc. Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
Does Oil And Boko Haram Mix?

A new Boko Haram II terror group reappeared in Borno and was powerfully sponsored to take over from where the defunct Yusufiyyah initial Boko Haram I group that was destroyed by late Umaru Yar’Adua. Read more...

Submitted by
Jibunor George Chuks
Senate house are for the failures

Its the duties of the failed governors and of those who have deteriorated their states and have embezzled the funds of the states to run to the senate. Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
Jonathan please repossess the mil...

Nigerian will like to know why Federal land needed for the development of the Nigerian army was divided among these beneficiaries. Read more...

The Igbo naked dance for Jonathan

It really boggles one’s mind the degree to which Ndigbo appear to be excessively reveling in complacency over President Goodluck Jonathan’s disposition to Igbo interest.  Read more...