Abuja - The military said several field commanders of Boko Haram terrorists had been killed and more of their training camps been destroyed in the Sambisa Forest.
Acting Director Public Relations of the Nigerian Army, Colonel Sani Usman, disclosed the breakthroughs.
He said the troops had also rescued additional women and children and they have been taking to safety zone.
“Troops of 7 Division Nigerian Army cleared several terrorists’ strong points and training camps within Sambisa Forest, Borno State, Nigeria. The troops have also rescued additional women and children. They have been evacuated to a safety zone for further processing,” Usman said.
Also Read:US outraged at continued Boko Haram violence
The Army’s spokesman added a soldier died and four others were injured in the operation.
He said armoured vehicles and ammunitions were also recovered from the terrorists.
The Director Defence Information, Major General Chris Olukolade is expected to provide figures and updates on the ongoing counter-terrorism campaign in North-Eastern Nigeria later on Thursday.
On Tuesday, the army rescued about 300 women, including 200 girls, from the Sambisa Forest, which is a lair of the Boko Haram terrorists.
- CAJ News