Abuja - Nigeria's Yobe state government approved the sum of N187.4 million to assist victims of the Boko Haram attacks, a senior official has said.
This follows the killing of more than 100 persons in Yobe state alone while many more were left homeless.
Yobe state commissioner for information, Alhaji Goni Fika, said the government decided to pay assistance to those whose houses were burnt down while families who lost their beloved ones will be assisted with food, accommodation and medical attention.
Suspected Boko Haram dissidents went out of control in Yobo and the surrounding states where they detonated bombs, openly fired on civilians with guns and attacked others with sharp objects.
Fika briefed the media after the state's executive council meeting on Wednesday and said that the financial assistance would go a long way towards alleviating suffering.
He said the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) had earlier carried out an assessment and established that 99 persons were confirmed to have been killed while 135 others were attacked and houses burnt during the attack.