Abuja - President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday visited victims of a twin-blast in the country's capital that killed at least 18 people and wounded 41 others, promising to pay for their treatment, his office said.
"On a visit to the survivors of the attack who are receiving treatment at the Trauma Centre of the National Hospital, President Buhari wished them full and speedy recovery," presidential spokesman Femi Adesina said in a statement.
"The President reassured the survivors that the federal government will take full responsibility for settling their medical bills," he said.
Adesina said Buhari also ordered that the government would pay the medical bills of a young girl who was shot by armed robbers.
Also Read:14 killed in Maiduguri bomb blast
Two explosions ripped through the Kuje and Nyanya districts of Abuja late on Friday, in the latest deadly assaults blamed on the Boko Haram group and condemned by the US embassy in Abuja.
Kuje, near Abuja's airport, is some 40 kilometres (24 miles) from the city centre and seat of government.
Its prison has been reported to be holding dozens of Boko Haram prisoners captured by troops.
The same bus station in Nyanya was hit twice last year.
Abuja was last attacked on June 25 last year, when 22 people were killed in a blast at a popular shopping centre