Abuja - Members of Chibok community in Borno State have welcomed assurances the schoolgirls abducted about a year ago would be rescued.
They lauded President Goodluck Jonathan for sending the Minister of State for Power Alhaji Mohammed Wakil, to reassure them of the safe return of the abducted students of the Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok.
Wakil last week held a meeting with members of the community in Maiduguri on the orders of President Jonathan. A spokesperson of the community, Hajiya Hauwa Chibok, made the commendation in Maiduguri, the state capital.
Also Read: Dozens killed in suspected Boko Haram attack in Borno
“I on behalf of Chibok women, write to thank President Goodluck Jonathan for sending one of his ministers, Mohammed Wakil, to sympathise with us and reassure us over our missing daughters,” Chibok, said.
She said members of the community and the president representative pray together for the missing girls and the military.
“We are from Chibok, not Damboa, and the minister met us at about 10 p.m. on Thursday morning in Maiduguri. He was with us for two hours. We prayed together for our daughters and we prayed for the military.On behalf of our people, we convey our appreciation for the visit. We prayed God to bless the efforts of our military,” she said.
Members of the Boko Haram sect kidnapped the more than 200 girls in April last year. Efforst to rescue them have hit a snag thus far.
- CAJ News