Abuja - Mohammed Wakil, Minister of State for Power, has commiserated with the people and Emir of Biu over the suicide bombing that claimed several lives in the town on Thursday.
The minister, in a statement he personally signed, said the bomb blast was reprehensible and an attempt by the insurgents to open a new front of attacks following ongoing counter insurgency operations by the national and multinational forces.
He stated that the Nigerian military and her allies had been recording successes in ongoing operations.
Wakil noted that the Biu attack was a desperate bid to divert attention of the military from ongoing efforts to rid the region of terrorists.
Also Read: Boko Haram attacks police, suicide bombing foiled
He empathized with the victims of Thursday’s attack as well as those of other attacks in other parts of the state and prayed to the Almighty to grant the nation victory over the insurgents.
The minister also expressed confidence that the military and allies are on the way to victory, urging members of the public to complement the.
“My heartfelt condolences go to the Emir and people of Biu and victims of all other attacks in our state. By Allah's grace, we will triumph over those tormenting us,” he said.
- CAJ News