Ogun - A family of four has perished in an apartment at Igere area of Ogun State after reportedly inhaling toxic fumes from a generating set.
According to a police report obtained by this publication, the police in the state received a report that a family a father (30), mother (25) and their two sons aged seven and ten were discovered dead in their apartment at OPIC Estate, Extension, Igere.
“Police detectives moved to the scene, no sign of violence on corpses.
Deaths suspected to have been caused by fumes from the generator kept in an enclosed corridor of their apartment,” police reported.
The report added that the corpses had been deposited at the mortuary for autopsy while the Criminal Investigation Department continued investigations.
The police subsequently advised the general public to desist from placing their generating set close to the room.
“Please never place your generator no matter how small in your room/house, close to your windows.
Generators in use must be placed in an open space and in such a way that the smoke will not fill your room.”
– CAJ News
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.