Abuja - The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has issued the official confirmation of the explosion that killed scores outside Abuja.
According to a statement by Sani Datti, Senior Information Officer of (NEMA), the explosion occurred at 6:30am local time.
He said officers of search and Rescue and other response agencies are now at the scene and had cordoned off the area.
He added that the agency has found it necessary to also warn citizens to keep off the bomb explosion scene.
Meanwhile, there are indications the number of people that died from the Monday morning explosion at the Nyanya Motor Park had increased from the earlier reported 35 people.
A visit to Asokoro, Maitama and National hospital established more corpses and injured bodies carried to the centres by vans belonging to the police, the Vehicle Inspection Office, Federal Road Safety Commission, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and NEMA.
A witness at the Maitam Genaral Hospital said several dead bodies had been deposited at the hospital.
Asokoro General Hospital is currently soliciting for blood for victims of the blast.
As the time of sending this report, most of the hospital workers were attending to victim of the blast.
- CAJ News
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.