Abuja - The first floor of a three-storey building was partially engulfed by fire on Yauonde Street, Wuse Zone 6, Abuja at about 7.30 p.m. on Tuesday.
The fire started on House No.17 due to "electric spark."
The eyewitness said electricity supply to the area had not been steady in recent days as many of the residents had lost most of their electrical appliances due to frequent power surges.
Men of the National Assembly Fire Service got to the scene at about 8.20 p.m. to put out the fire and later joined by other services and left about two hours later.
A spokesperson for the Federal Fire Service, Abuja, Abiodun Obisesan, said that details of the incident had not been made available to him.
He, however, said that fire fighters were at the scene to control the situation.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.