Birnin Kebbi - The Administrative Office of the Kebbi State Government House was on Tuesday gutted by fire.
The incident which occurred at about 5 pm affected files and documents inside the permanent secretary's office, reports Leadership.
There was, however, no injury or loss of life.
The intervention of the Fire Service Department prevented the fire from spreading to other buildings in the Government House.
An eyewitness account said the fire could have been as a result of an electrical spark in the building.
Read more at Leadership
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.