Abuja - An early morning fire has gutted the house of the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, reports Punch.
The fire occurred on Friday morning at the Abuja residence of Saraki in the Maitama area of Abuja.
Some residents of the sprawling edifice raised the alarm when they noticed a heavy smoke inside the gymnasium of the Senate President.
Also read: Fire guts two buildings in Lagos
The incident was caused by an electric spark from one of the air conditioners in the gymnasium.
No casualty was, however, recorded.
The incident was confirmed by the Special Adviser to the Senate President on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu,
He explained that Saraki had been duly informed of the incident.
Read more at Punch.
- News 24