Omu-Aran - Fire has gutted a store in Omu-Aran in the Irepodun LGA of Kwara, destroying property estimated at N1 million on Thursday.
The property destroyed in the store located on Aperan Way, included foams, asbestos and other building materials.
The fire was said to have broken out at about 4 pm and some sympathisers rushed to the scene to put out the inferno that raged for more than three hours.
The fire also destroyed a vehicle with Reg. No: AA 512 NBS, belonging to one Chief Popoola Rufus parked within the premises of the store.
An eye witness, Aishat Adeniyi, said that she raised alarm when the fire broke out as she was inside the store.
"The fire actually started from the goods packed inside the makeshift store in front of the warehouse before it spread.
"There was no sign of smoke, the only thing I saw was fire raging from the planks, packed inside the makeshift store outside the warehouse where I was sitting and I quickly raised the alarm," Adeniyi said.
No life was lost during the incident.
Also read: Kano REC, family die in fire
The owner of the store, Alhaji Razak Olorunkemi, revealed that he did not have any insurance cover for the goods, saying that he had placed everything in the hands of God.
"What else do you want me to say in this circumstance, God almighty is all knowing," said Olorunkemi.
It would be recalled that the owner had suffered a similar fire outbreak in 2014 where property estimated at more than N50 million perished.
Meanwhile, a community leader, Alhaji Atolagbe Suleiman, has renewed call for location of a fire service station in the community.
Suleiman, who hold the traditional title of Oloo of Omu-Aran, said the two fire service stations in Ilorin and Offa were far off to rescue people's property in the event of fire disasters.