Lagos - The residents of Okobaba area of Lagos State on Monday sent a Save Our Soul (SOS) message to the Lagos State Government following the fire that razed the Okobaba Plank Market in Lagos.
The fire incident occurred in Okobaba in Ebute-Meta area and which was said to have claimed the lives of three young children and an old man.
The Sawmill and the houses built with planks there and other valuables destroyed by the fire which was said to have started on Sunday night.
The residents packing what was left of their valuables to a safer place.
Also read:Fire guts sex workers’ shanties in Lagos
The residents said the cause of the fire was as a result of a candle light which one of the residents forgot to put out in her room before she headed for the bathroom.
The Community Leader, Ganiyu Onikeku, who could not confirm the deaths, claimed that the fire was as a result of the government's negligence of the area.
He appealed to the government to find a lasting solution to the problems of the area.
Another resident who lost his property and plank house to the fire said the power supply in the area was terrible.