Abuja - The Federal Government restated on Thursday that it had not given up and will not give up in the search to rescue the over 200 missing Chibok school girls.
Mike Omeri, the Coordinator, National Information Centre, gave the assurance while briefing newsmen on security operations in the North-East.
Omeri also assured that government would continue to provide relief materials for the people displaced by insurgency in the zone, to ameliorate their suffering.
The coordinator said that security agencies were already aware of plans by the insurgents to attack soft targets, including motor parks, churches and recreational centres during the yuletide.
Also read: AU sympathises with families of Chibok girls
Omeri, however, said that the agencies had been directed to beef up security throughout the country to frustrate the plans.
He called on Nigerians to be security conscious wherever they were and at all times even at gatherings such as end-of-year get together.
On the seven suspected Boko Haram members arrested by DSS, Omeri accused the culprits of being the brain behind several video clips circulated to discredit the government in the recent past.
It will be recalled that the service alleged that the suspects colluded with Steven Davis, an Australian self-styled negotiator, in the botched negotiation with the Boko Haram sect.