Abuja - Security agencies have commenced investigations into the bomb blast incident which occurred at Emab Shopping Complex in Abuja on Wednesday.
Frank Mba, Force Public Relations Officer, said the security officials had cordoned off the scene of the blast while the Police Bomb Disposal Squad had commenced post-blast analysis as part of the general investigative process.
Mba also confirmed more than 20 people died and 17 injured in the blast. He said those injured were receiving treatment in various hospitals.
“So far, 21 persons have been confirmed dead while the 17 injured persons are receiving treatment at the following hospitals: Maitama hospital, Gwarimpa hospital, Wuse hospital and Garki hospital and National hospital.”
Meanwhile, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Mohammed Abubakar, has ordered increased security presence and surveillance in and around FCT Metropolis.
According to Mba, the security Forces were taking measured steps to strengthen all soft targets and critical infrastructure in a bid to improve overall public safety.
He said the IGP called on the members of the public to remain vigilant and to stay away from scenes of explosion so as not to fall victim in a likely case of secondary blasts.
- CAJ News
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.