Maiduguri - The Joint Task Force (JTF) on Operation Restore Order on Friday,
shot dead four suspected terrorist commanders of the Boko Haram group
after an operation in Maiduguril.
JTF spokesman Lt.-Col. Sagir Musa announced this in a statement issued in Maiduguri.
He said the operation was sequel to last week's killing of a notorious
commander of the group, Abduulkareem Ibrahim, in Maiduguri by men of the
"Following the killing of Abdulkareem Ibrahim a high-profile terrorist
commander in a joint operation along Damboa-Biu road on Dec. 2, 2012,
follow up operations was conducted between Dec. 3 and Dec. 5 based on
additional information,'' he said.
Musa said the operations were conducted at different parts of Maiduguri in areas identified as hideouts of the suspected terrorists.
The operations were successfully conducted in Sabon Gari, Sabon Layin
Gwange, Dala Sajeri, Sulemanti areas of the city among others.
Four identified suspected Boko Haram sub-commanders, including two
Improvised Explosive Device (IED) experts were killed in a shootout,''
Musa said that two soldiers were injured during the operations.
Five AK 47 rifles, one pistol, 11 AK 47 empty magazines, one G3 rifle, 176 assorted ammunitions, 24 assorted prime IED gas cylinders were recovered.
"Other items included 12 pieces of IEDs remote control switches, 16
assorted IED incendiary materials and chemicals among others,'' he said.