Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.

 

Jaji blast: death toll rises to 15

27 November 2012, 12:11

Kaduna - The Commandant, Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji, AVM Abdullahi Kureh said the death toll of Sunday blasts in Jaji, Kaduna had increased to 15.

 Kureh confirmed this to Gov. Patrick Yakowa on Monday when he visited the site of the attack in Jaji, Igabi local government area of Kaduna state.

He condemned a situation where people who went to pray to God to give us peace were attacked by another group, saying that security had been beefed up to forestall future recurrence.

Kureh decried the spates of attacks witnessed in various parts of the country, adding that no meaningful development could be achieved without peace.

On his own part, Gov. Yakowa commiserated with the family of the victims, describing the incidence as an act of "terrorism or religious extremism aimed at destroying the country."

He condemned the attack at the command, saying that people expects that the Command, as a premier military institution, should have solution to the insurgency bedevilling the nation, rather it was attacked.

Yakowa stressed the need for a synergy between all the security agencies, traditional leaders, and other stakeholders to arrest the situation.

He directed that all government installations, as well as civilians should be properly guided against any attack.

The governor urged the perpetrators to lay down their arms, embrace peace as the government was ready to dialogue with them.

Yakowa said the state government and the military would assist the victims to enable them recover.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that 11 people were on Sunday killed in a twin bomb blast at the St Andrew Military Protestant Church, Military Cantonment, Jaji.

NAN

NEXT ON NEWS24 NIGERIAX

Tinubu denies he was very ill

19 September 2014, 14:04

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
0 comments
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Read more from our Users

The Igbo naked dance for Jonathan

It really boggles one’s mind the degree to which Ndigbo appear to be excessively reveling in complacency over President Goodluck Jonathan’s disposition to Igbo interest.  Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
Boko Haram sponsors: Terror has n...

People try to associate terror with religion. There is a desire to affiliate terror with religion. We feel comfortable designating terrorists within religious or tribal clusters.  Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
Global Fundraiser as civilians ta...

We are calling on all good citizens across the world to support the mission if Nigerian civilian patriots against Boko Haram terrorists. Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
Military commander who recaptured...

What has been exposed as top military sabotage of the so-called war against Boko Haram, has not yet ended in the military according to continuing reports from the battle front. Read more...

Submitted by
Ayk Fowosire
The rep that I want

These days where the mundane is hyped, and the mediocre is celebrated, it is just so easy to lose focus, to show off stupidity, and to profit from ignorance.  Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
Boko Haram and the cycle of death

We have corruption at all facets of the Nigerian society, within the civil force and the armed forces. Read more...