Kano - Liti Kulkul, Chairman of Kantin Kwari Market Traders Association, Kano, has denied rumours that the market had been closed following Wednesday’s explosions that killed six people and injured several others.
Kulkul made the denial in an interview in Kano on Thursday.
He said the speculations were totally untrue as the market would open on Thursday for usual business activities.
"The market is not closed. Only the affected section of the market was closed by security agents to enable them carry out investigations.
"More so, the Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II and Governor Rabi’u Kwankwaso are expected to visit the scene of the incident, that is why that area is closed,’’ he said.
Also read: Four killed in Kano double suicide bomb attack
He urged customers visiting the market from within and outside the country to ignore the rumour as the market would continue to operate.
The chairman also assured that the union and security agencies were collaborating to provide adequate security in the market.
Two female suicide bombers had on Wednesday detonated explosives at Ibrahim Taiwo way near the market, killing themselves and four others