Lagos - A former Supervisory Councillor in the Kosofe Local Government Area, Olu Ogunbanjo, has died from a generator fire which engulfed his music shop in the Oworonshoki area of Lagos state, Punch reports.
The 51-year-old Ogunbanjo, who served in the LGA between 2003 and 2007, died at the General Hospital, Gbagada, from the burns sustained during the incident which occurred at about 5pm on Friday.
Also read: Carpenter hacked to death over generator fumes
Ogunbanjo, who was also a member of the Music Advertisement Association put on the generator, but there was a spark which led to the fire in his shop on Olabode Aluko Street in the Oworonshoki area.
The fire was said to have burnt the ex-councillor in the arms and thighs, after which his workers reportedly rushed him to a nearby hospital where he died.
- News 24