Lagos - A four-year-old boy lost his hand after an electric
transformer electrocuted his hand in the Apapa area of Lagos State, Leadership
The boy is said to have been with his mother who had been
tying her wrapper when the boy decided to run to the transformer and held it.
He was immediately shocked by the electric current and was
flung to the ground.
Also read: Man electrocuted to death in Ebonyi
People in the area who witnessed the incident gathered to
try and help the young boy. He was rushed to hospital where he recieved first
aid treatment before being rushed to Island Maternity Hospital in Lagos.
The boy stayed in the hospital for some time before doctors
announced that his hand would have to be amputated due to injuries sustained.
The family is planning to sue the Eko Electricity Company
for negligence because the transformer is not protected from children.
For more on this story visit Leadership