Lagos - A landlord has been arraigned in Lagos after setting
a tenant alight due to a disagreement about a compound toilet, Punch reported.
The 67-year-old tenant was poured with petrol and was pushed
by his landlord from the top floor of the three-story building.
According to reports the tenant, who had barely spent five
months in the apartment got into a quarrel with the landlord over usage of the
toilet the previous evening but had settled down.
Also read: Man arraigned for setting room alight
It was the next day that the quarrel got sour and the
landlord decided to pour petrol over the man after forcefully entering the victim’s
room. He set him alight resulting in the tenants death.
Police were called to the scene and he was rushed to
hospital as he sustained minor burns.
A case has been opened against the landlord as police
continue with investigations.
For more on this story visit Punch