Abuja - A middle-aged pregnant woman and her four children died after inhaling carbon monoxide from a power generator they left on while they went to bed.
The incident occurred in their enclosed apartment yesterday in Yenagoa, Bayelsa.
State State Police Public Relations Officer Alex Akhigbe identified the mother as Chinyere Celestine while the identity of her children was not ascertained.
Chinyere’s husband was said to be in Port Harcourt, when the tragedy occurred. His inability to get through to his wife on the telephone aroused his curiosity, which prompted him to call a neighbour.
After several attempts to wake the victims from sleep, the neighbor raised the alarm that compelled other neighbours to force the door open and discovered the victims’ lifeless bodies.
- CAJ News