Dutse - A 20-year old man, Duguri Muhammad of Zai Quarters in Dutse Local Government Area of Jigawa, died of electrocution on Friday night.
Muhammad Gidado, Commandant of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in Jigawa, confirmed this in Dutse on Saturday.
Gidado said the deceased, who was a member of staff of three Star Hotel, Dutse, got electrocuted when he climbed a pole in an attempt to fix a faulty line to his house.
"As soon as we received the information, we rushed to the scene and took the victim to Rashidi Shekoni Specialist Hospital where he was confirmed dead.’’
The commandant advised people to avoid tampering with electricity cables so as to avoid similar occurrence.
"Under no circumstance should anyone temper with electric pole’’, he said.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.