Monguno - Borno State Hospital Management Board has disclosed 13 bodies of victims that perished in the bomb explosion in Monguno State had been deposited at the Specialists Hospital in Maiduguri.
These were among 54 bodies ferried from Monguno, the scene of the explosion.
A total of 13 victims have been treated and released with the 28 remaining placed on admission.
Officials said of the 28 admitted, nine were taking to the theatre for operations.
Also read: Thousands flee Monguno, swarm Maiduguri
Chief Medical Director of the Borno State Hospital Management Board, Dr Salisu Kwayabura confirmed the figures during a visit to the hospital by the Governor Kashim Shettima on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, more details have been revealed as at how the event occurred.
A survivor receiving treatment at the State Specialists Hospital, Ali Abatcha, who is also a member of vigilante group, said members had mobilised to confront the insurgents who had been rumored to be planning an attack on the town.
He said some of them discovered a strange polythene bag at an open space and were fiddling with the idea of what to do with it. One of them picked it up to where they were gathered with the intention of taking it to the military. It was in the process that it detonated and killed the man that picked it and 62 others.
- CAJ News