Abuja - The Defense has inflicted more
casualties on terrorists that attempted to take over parts of Borno State, it
said on Monday.
Figures could not be ascertained. It was reported earlier more than 70
terrorists had been killed. An unspecified number of soldiers were killed.
Also read: Maiduguri under curfew as Boko Haram threatens take-over
According to the statement issued by the Defense Headquarters, troops battled
fleeing terrorists after reinforcements at outskirts of Maiduguri and Konduga.
"Substantial amounts of heavy weapons have been captured, as more
terrorists died in the fight which lasted till early Monday morning," read
"Our forces also recorded some casualty. Meanwhile, ground troops are in
charge and Airforce patrol still ongoing," the statement said
The Defense said more details would be released later.
- CAJ News