Abuja - The National Emergency Management
Agency (NEMA) has said that 26 of the 39 victims of the Nyanya and Kuje bomb
blasts are still receiving treatment in hospitals across the Federal Capital
Mr Ishaya Chonoko, Coordinator of NEMA, Abuja operations,
told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Monday that the remaining 13
persons had been treated and discharged.
Chonoko said that there were no fresh cases of injury or
death from the Friday blasts.
Also read: NEMA warns Benue of possibility of floods
NAN recalls that 20 persons were injured in Kuje and 19 in
the Nyanya and Kuje bomb blasts, respectively, on Oct. 2.
Chonoko said that the agency had no report on any hospital
that had refused to treat the victims, contrary to some media reports.
He said that the names of such hospitals should be forwarded
to the agency for appropriate action.
"We have not had such cases and any one with facts should
come forward and the agency will take appropriate action," he said.
NAN recalls that 15 and five persons lost their lives in the
Kuje and Nyanya bomb blasts, respectively.