Lagos – A staff member of the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) and his wife died in a fire that enveloped their home in the middle of the night, AllAfrica reports.
It was revealed that the fire began at about 1am when electricity was restored to their home.
Mallam Aliyu Zubairu was the correspondent for the NTA covering the State House of Assembly when he perished.
Neighbors noticed the smoke and attempted to help the couple. Zubairu collapsed first and his wife refused to leave until her husband was rescued. But soon after that the fire consumed the whole house and it was impossible to get them out.
Read more at AllAfrica
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page!