Abuja - Ogun State Police have arrested a landlord for allegedly setting his tenant's 3-year-old son alight in the Owode LGA of the state, PUNCH reports.
The man, Joseph Olaleye (65), is reported to have been cooking on Monday afternoon when his stove allegedly caught fire.
Also read: Fire razes Saraki's house
In a panic the man threw the the stove into the corridor where the victim, Abdullahi Razak, was playing with some neighbourhood friends. The boy caught alight as a result.
Having heard the boy's screams, other tenant's rushed the infant to a nearby hospital where he subsequently died as a result of his injuries.
Muyiwa Adejobi, PR Officer for the Ogun State Police, confirmed the incident and said that Olaleye had been arrested following a report being filed.
Read more at PUNCH